Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 3....Rear end is in..


Today was a very productive day here at J&S fabrication! We aren't really a business just catchy. We we able to get the rear sub-frame mounted along with the rear pumpkin. I found that the right diff mount had to be removed because it interfered with the fuel tank. At this time i am not sure if this will be an issue or not, so i am going to explore the speed 6 diff mount as well as looking for another place to attach the right side.



The spare tire well had to be trimmed some in order to get the rear diff, and diff mount to clear. Fortunately the amount of material that had to be removed will still allow me to retain the spare. I was a little concerned about this, but Mazda left me enough room.




The rear control arms we successfully modified today as well. This required the use of the inner part of the speed 3 arm and the out portion of the cx7 arm. This was so that the car would "track" right when it is driven. Also i did discover that the stock springs at least fit. However, at this time i am unsure as to how the car will sit when on the ground.

Its been a long day and i am worn out but we are slowly making headway.Later this week i plan to box off the spare tire well and reinstall the interior pieces as well as relocate the charcoal canister. As always thanks for looking, and keep the feedback coming, i most certainly do not know it all.

12 comments:

  1. Glad to see progress is being made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 cheers for corporate parts bin engineering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corporate parts bin engineering?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to see updates! i subscribed to this back when day two was last updated so i have been waiting patiently lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good! eh spares are overrated, get AAA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep just get AAA and lose the weight

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you plan on adding any support in place of the metal removed from the tire well?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, if you check the last update it has since been filled in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jarod,

    So I've just got my hands on my own 2010 MS3.I'm trying to pull together some resources to start this on my own as well. Tony at AWR told me to get in touch with you on any insight you might have. He mentioned that somethings you were doing were different then how they had proceeded.

    What stuff did you start doing in order to get a hold of all the necessary parts.

    Thanks,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pretty great amigo. I've been looking for a place to get some good mazdaspeed 3 performance parts for a while, these look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please everyone should be careful and stop being deceived by all these brokers and account managers, they scammed me over $50,000 of my investment capital, they kept on requesting for extra funds before a withdrawal request can be accepted and processed, in the end, I lost all my money. All efforts to reach out to their customer support desk had declined, I found it very hard to move on. God so kind I followed a broadcast that teaches on how scammed victims can recover their fund, I contacted the email provided for consultation, I got feedback after some hours and I was asked to provide all legal details concerning my investment, I did exactly what they instructed me to do without delay, to my greatest surprise I was able to recover my money back including my profit which my capital generated. I said I will not hold this to myself but share it to the public so that all scammed victims can get their funds back. Direct Call Phone Number and WhatsApp contact: +1 (519) 398-1460

    Removing Bad Records from Both Public and Private Databases?

    ReplyDelete